Having completed the PRINCE2® Foundation Course, I was inspired by the elegance of the methodology and process orchestration, and I thought, “Wouldn’t it be great to show it from the BA’s point of view?”Project managers and BAs work together closely, and I wanted to show that interaction throughout the main stages of a project. While I was at it, I decided I would also list all the documents written in the course of a project. I ended up with a poster that shows
- stages and iterations in the project lifecycle
- key documents produced by the project manager in the course of a project
- BA knowledge areas used during each stage
- which PM artifacts are used by BAs
Here it is:
I’d like to highlight two more points:
- PM documents can be very helpful and make BA work more effective, as well as ensuring alignment of BA activities with the project approach
- Both the PM and BA artifacts should go into the corporate repository at the end of the project to contribute to the knowledge base for future projects.
Feel free to leave a comment, we enjoy discussion!
We have published a new book: A Navigator to Business Analysis.
Over 400 pages of practical, useful material will help you build your skills and advance your career! Find out more and get free excerpt.